How To Register In The EPF Scheme ?
Employee Provident fund scheme offers the retirement benefits to all the salaried employees in India. The companies who have more than 20 individuals, both temporary and permanent would are required under law to register for EPF. However, those companies who have less than 20 employees are also free to register their employees for EPF. If a company that has recently expanded its workforce beyond 20, needs to get registered within one month from the time of having the 20 employees. Failing to register for the EPF even after one month of reaching the strength of 20 would attract the penalty.
Co-operative societies should register when their employee strength counts to 50 or above. All registered companies will have to be registered even if their strength falls below 20 at some point of time.
The employer can choose to get registered online or offline but the former mode is better as it is handy and easy.
- Name of the company
- Address, head office and branch details
- Date of incorporation/ registration
- Business of the company
- Total employee strength
- Legal status of the company – public/private/partnership etc
- Details of the owners
- Details of the directors and their address
- Total wage expense during the month
- Name and detail of the bank with which the company has banking relationship
- PAN details
- Basic information of employee
- Proforma for coverage should be filled up with details mentioned to complete the registration process.
- Form 5A with Annexure 1 to complete the formalities.
- Partnership deed given it is a partnership firm
- Certification of Incorporation issued by the registrar of the company for public or private firm
- Copy of the rules and objectives of the society for societies
- PAN details of the company
- Digital signature certificate
- Partition deed
- Salary details of the employee
- Balance sheet details
- Proof of Incorporation
- The form available on the eSeva portal should be duly filled along with the documents
- Submit the details after which CAPTCHA code would display.
- Enter the name and generate the PIN
- A PDG file would be generated that should be downloaded and submitted with the EPFO
- The user would receive an SMS with details such as allotment of the code number, login ID and password
- Login credentials would make way for the employer portal after which the applicant would need to create a permanent login ID and password
- Upload the ECR text file generated through Quiche “Forms” section to start remittance
- After logging in, the Provident fund code number Intimation Letter would be available for download
- The code and the documents would be mentioned in the letter but it should be produced along with Form 5A.
- The letter and the documents should be sent to EPFO office along with the complete application copy.
- Pan verification is a must for acceptance of the letter
- In case the Pan details are wrong or do not match, the whole process has to be repeated
- Final verification would be done by the authority and approval would be granted thereafter.
- For more details visit our website https://epfprocess.com/